Thursday, June 4, 2009

C & G Meet P

Gregg and I accomplished several things today at the repro. endo’s.
First, we went to our mandatory 1 hour therapy session with P. P was very nice. The session started well. She asked us about our respective familys of origin, about work and stress levels and flexibility. She told us what other couples say about the IVF experience. She talked us through the whys and hows of the cycle and what to expect blah blah blah. It was going very well. My tears were just below the surface for most of the visit, but I successfully suppressed the urge to cry 4-6 times during the session...Until she uttered the magic word: Control. As in, successful, list making, date book using, conscientious women find infertility difficult because they (meaning me) have no CONTROL [cue the little bitty tear] over the outcome [cue sobbing]. I knew this. I know this about infertility and about me. Why it made me cry today, I’m not sure. As stated in my pre-therapy post, I am a crier. It does not take much for me to cry. So that, plus that I was on call last night and could only eke out 4 hours of sleep plus, well, infer*f’n*tility, equals tears. I did get to utter/blubber a satisfyingly snide remark about “stupid pregnant teenagers” which made both P and Gregg snicker.

The other thing I got to do today was find out my tentative cycle schedule and a sneak peek at meds...I’ll probably write about that later....but of course I rushed home to the Google to look up everyone else’s opinions about the drugs and success rates...I’m feeling okay with what the Great Goog told me. Also, I get to take a dose valium at some point. I never have, so this sounds sort of fun, and I like that it is referred to as “mommy’s little helper”. I start the preliminary hormonal shut down in like 2-3 weeks with Desogen. Ooh! I got excited just then.

Gregg also got to pee in a cup today for a final clap check (as in “The Clap”). I don’t think he has the clap. When he put the cup o’ pee in the magic door, there was a little surprise in there. A copy of a DVD entitled “Suck it Up”. I made sure Gregg washed his hands after leaving the restroom because the last guy was obviously not just peeing in the cup.

I must repeat to the uninitiated: Beware of the men’s restroom at the OB/GYN’s office...it looks like a regular restroom until you start opening the cabinets...then it looks like the local adult xxx super store.

No comments:

Post a Comment