Friday, April 2, 2010

29 weeks

I've been to Paris. Madrid. Vancouver. Boise. This week though, I had an experience that will forever remain a highlight of my existence...I got to drive the motorized cart thingy at Target. I wondered for a while why everyone was smiling at me on my trip through, but then I realized I had a big grin on my face the entire time. I took out a few end-of-the-aisle products, knocked into a few corners and walls, but luckily, no humans were injured. My sister was with me and she provided assistance that I didn't even realize I needed at this point. I recommend bringing an experienced parent, and I mean a parent with children under the age of 5, on baby shopping expeditions. They know everything. It was fun pointing at stuff and having someone else put it into a cart. That! That! That! Very fun. I'm not sure why I thought doing it all myself was a good idea.

Our baby shower was a hoot. We got a lot of clothing, but not many basics (hence the trip to Target). We played a game that consisted of having to guess which candy bar was melted in the diaper. This was hilarious. Melted chocolate in a diaper is an amazingly effective poo mimic. One was a Baby Ruth. Peanutty! My brother-in-law won that game. My Dad won the "how big is the belly" game by measuring his own. He is only 1 inch bigger circumference-wise. This reminds me that I'm not sure I will catch up to my Father-in-law's belly circumference, even with 8 weeks (+/-) to go. I'm at 44.5 inches, and the challenge is 52 inches.

We have named our children, but, for now, the most I'm going to post is "GG" and "Mo". These would be their real nicknames if we go that route. I'm not exactly sure why I'm not yet posting their true names. It feels complicated emotionally. We have shared the names with family and friends and I have even started telling strangers and patients. The only negative commentary I received was from a 5 year old patient with a speech-impediment who said "weeod". (To which the mother corrected, "it's 'weird' honey. and they're not weird, they're different".) I of course am bound by law not to reveal his dumb ol' name. For reals though, I didn't mind the comment. It was just funny. And we're quite sure people are leveling some heavy name critique out of earshot. Luckily, they're our babies and we don't care. Yay!

We are in between computers right now, the new one is not fully online but it has all of our most recent pictures on it, so no pictures this week, but probably next! I'll do my best.

This weekend is the semi-semi-final nursery set up. It looks like a mountain of presents with a crib in it right now. I'm not sure what we would have done if we had just started setting up the nursery. It takes a long time, a lot of effort and an incredible amount of dough. I've enjoyed every minute of it. Gregg made an incredibly beautiful and sweet wall hanging that I can't wait to post. What a guy.

The babies were 3 pounds each at their last ultrasound, measuring in the 72nd percentile and 1 week ahead of their gestational age. This seems good. They looked downright plump, but I know how scrawny they still are. Next one is not for a few more weeks.

I'm feeling the end. Today is my last full day at work. Then 4 weeks of 1/2 days, if I can stay on my feet. It's hard hauling around 195 pounds. I'm very, very slow.

I think there is at least one more big Target trip in my future. My shiny red motorized chariot awaits. Gregg will have to come with to do my bidding. Hark! Is that an obnoxious beeping sound? Oh, back up beep...I long for thee.

I used the back up function gratuitously just to hear the beep. I admit it. Yeah, whole aisles. Repeatedly.



1 comment:

  1. Ha! Sounds like fun. Hubby made me stop at Target after my second egg retrieval and I used one of those. Cracked me up. Even if you don't use the names, I hope you share them at least once with us! :) Can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete